John Alumit, Esq.
• Examined over 2,000 applications as a former Trademark Examiner of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
• Registered over 2,100 trademarks in private practice
• 20 years of experience as a USPTO Examiner, associate of Oppenheimer, Wolfe & Donnelly, LLP, Branding Company Consultant, and Senior Attorney at Patel & Alumit, PC.
• Licensed patent attorney representing over 300 inventors nationwide and globally.
• Recipient of the Trademark Insider Award in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, ranking 2nd nationwide in 2007.
• 95% success rate in registering international applications initially refused by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Over 100 Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings (Ex Parte Appeals, Oppositions, Cancellations)
• 7 Domain Name dispute proceedings before World Intellectual Property Organization and the National Arbitration Forum
• Over 50 copyright registrations
LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY
B.A., University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles
Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California State Bar of New York U. S. District Court for the Central District of California United States Patent & Trademark Office
International Trademark Association
Edwin Tarver, Esq.
Utility Patent Drafting and Filing, with experience in mechanical, computer software, biological and medical device patents, among others.
Design Patent Drafting and Filing.
Prior Art 35 U.S.C. §103 Analysis and Opinions.
Infringement Analysis and Opinions.
Office Action responses.
Preparation of Copyright & Trademarks.
Contract Analysis / Licensing Issues.
Expertise in biology including biotechnology, chemistry, medical devices and related technologies.
J.D., 1998, Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
B.S., Biotechnology, 2003, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA
B.A., English, 1991, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA
Admitted to Practice:
United States Patent and Trademark Office (#53,674)
State Bar of California (#201943)
United States District Court for the Central District of California